Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

A summer of unemployment...every college student's dream...not. Seeing as the economy sucks, and I hate working crappy jobs, I have chosen to take the unemployment route this summer. It's true I may not have looked hard enough for a job, but whatever, its probably better this way. Some say I'm too picky when it comes to employment...this may be true, but I prefer to think of myself as just knowing exactly what I like to do. Trust me, stupid, meaningless jobs are NOT for me. I cannot work retail. I cannot spend hours folding clothes that have already been folded 3 times within the past hour. Abercrombie...lasted 2 shifts. My favorite job was at this small locally owned pottery shop, but then I quit that when the manager was more or less fired. I tried working at another locally owned pottery studio, but that fell through because it was a half an hour away from school, and I kept missing class because my fellow employees did not know the concept of being on time for their shifts. At school I work at the bookstore. It's a pretty pointless job, there are two busy times each year: the beginning of school when everyone is buying their books, and the end of school when everyone is selling their books back. I like the managers, I like my co-workers, and I love the atmosphere...plus the 25% discount is lovely :) Therefore, this summer I decided I was going to stick to babysitting...a nice easy, laid back, job perfect for a college student...unless it only lasts a month.

Anywho, where I was going with that rant about my employment or lack there of is that this summer I have now dedicated myself to baking and crafting. My absolute dream in life would be to one day own my own bakery...preferably a cupcake shop. I'm new to blogging so bear with me and any advice would be lovely :)

Every monday night my girlfriends and I have a bachelorette viewing party complete with dips and other goodies. Last night, my friend Eliz made 2 different kinds of chocolate fondue, and brought lots of fruits, pretzels, and cookies to go with it. I made one of my favorite cupcakes: Cookie Dough Cupcakes. If you have never tried a cookie dough cupcake I suggest you try making them...they are seriously delicious but very very rich. I normally make these homemade, but yesterday I didn't have the time so I made them Pillsbury style.

Ingredients
1 package Pillsbury Cookie Dough (Break and Bake works best
1 Devils Food Cake Mix
1/3 cup melted butter
1 1/3 cup Water
3 eggs

Before you begin, it is important that the cookie dough be frozen. Some suggest freezing it for 2-3 hours, but I only froze it for a little under an hour and they still turned out great.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Make the cupcake batter by combining the ingredients above, not the ones listed on the box.

Line 24 muffin cups with liners, then add the cake mix evenly to each cup. Don't fill them as full as you would a normal cupcake liner though. Place a frozen cookie on the top of each cup, no need to push down, the cupcake will still bake around it.

Place tins in the oven and bake for 15-16 minutes. The time is less than ordinary cupcakes as you have much less batter to cook, and the goal of these cupcakes is to have cookie dough, not fully baked cookies. Mine actually baked for a little longer like 18 minutes, but be sure to pull them out before the cookie dough actually turns to cookie.

Frost with your favorite icing (I did chocolate) and enjoy! :)

A view of the top of the cupcakes with frosting...
The cupcakes from the side with frosting...

The cupcakes from the side and the inside without frosting...

Note to self: work on photography skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment